Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How To Export Edible Birdnest To China

Want to export bird's nest to China? There are very important steps and your premises must implement good HACCP & product traceability. Recently 15 processing plants in Malaysia were audited by CNCA but only 8 accepted. 

I will provide you with some tips on how to start & export EBN to China.

1. First, try to understand and study the export protocol document available from Ministry of Agriculture Malaysia (MOA) or Department of Veterinary Service (DVS) and Ministry of Health (MOH)

2. Register your processing premises with DVS & MOH for GMP/ VHM certification for ID number. Register via

3. Apply for CNCA auditing. CNCA application form can be download from the internet.

4. One approved by CNCA then apply for export permit from Veterinary Department (RM10 per consignment). You need to attach supporting document. For Sarawak, get the permit from Forestry Department & pay the export permit RM50 per kg. 

To ensure your product able to enter China, try to get China import permit. Frankly speaking, I am not sure how to get this but if your plants is approved by CNCA I think you should be able to obtain the import document.

Veterinary health certificate is issued once your plant listed in CNCA and DVS list. For each consignment RM10 per veterinary health certificate ( Sarawak) and health certificate from MOH.

4. There is borang kastam to be fill which I think is for custom declaration purpose.  
5. Finally get the health Cert from MOH.
6. Get your processing premises certified & licence. 

Please refer on how to establish a world standard EBN processing plant.

Now you can export your valuable product to China, and I can tell you it is worth the trouble. The market potential in China is so huge. Go to China and study the market over there. You will never regret it believe me.

1 comment:

  1. But u know rite... China banned all the nest to enter their country.. How we export to china now?